Community Project Funding Requests
COMMUNITY PROJECT FUNDING
The deadline for submission of FY22 Community Project Funding Requests for WA-10 is Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 6:00 PM PST. The FY22 Community Project Funding Request Form can be found at the bottom of this page. Late or incomplete requests will not be accepted or considered.
The Office of Congresswoman Marilyn Strickland will accept requests for Community Project Funding (CPF) for the Fiscal Year 2022 (FY22) Appropriations process to direct funding to specific governmental entities, nonprofit organizations, or geographic locations. Through the new CPF program, Members of Congress will be able to request funding for up to 10 specific projects in their districts to serve the public good. These requests will be completely transparent, which makes them different from the previous “earmark” process.
The House Appropriations Committee intends to fund community projects on a limited basis in the FY22 Appropriations bills. Therefore, CPF requests that address the most significant needs of local communities or provide a significant public good are more likely to be included. Not every CPF request submitted by a Member of Congress will be included in the FY22 appropriations bills.
The new CPF program is being implemented with accountability measures to ensure a responsible and transparent process. Each Member of the House may only submit a total of 10 CPF requests across all subcommittees for FY22, subsequently the office of Congresswoman Strickland will not be able to accommodate every request received. Further, all CPF submissions are required to be posted at www.strickland.house.gov to ensure full transparency. Therefore, all information submitted by a requesting organization should be considered public information. The House Appropriations Committee will also establish an online, searchable public database of all CPF requests received by the Committee.
Only eligible CPF requests that meet all the guidelines established by the Appropriations Committee will be accepted and considered:
- You must be able to demonstrate that the request has community support. This requirement is integral for a successful CPF request. Examples of community support include but are not limited to support letters from local elected officials, press articles, state-intended use plan or community development plan, or a municipal resolution of support.
- The project or requesting entity must have no financial ties to the Member or their family.
- Funding must be for FY22 only.
- If the project would normally require a funding match or cost share by a non-federal entity, then the requesting entity will need to demonstrate that it can provide this match if it makes a CPF request. The Appropriations Committee will conform to statutory match and cost-sharing requirements.
- The recipient of the CPF must be a governmental entity or 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- Requests made by for-profit entities are not permitted and will not be submitted for consideration.
Please note that the Appropriations Committee will only accept CPF requests for the eligible Appropriations accounts listed below. Also note that CPF requests will not be accepted by the State and Foreign Operations or Legislative Branch Subcommittees. If you submit a community project funding request for any accounts other than those listed below, they will not be considered. This form is not for a programmatic Appropriations requests, this form is solely for Community Project Funding requests.
The deadline for submission of CPF requests for WA-10 is Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 6:00 PM PST. Late or incomplete requests will not be accepted or considered.
For more information and guidance on the Community Project Funding program please visit https://appropriations.house.gov/appropriations-requests. Please review this information carefully prior to submitting a request, as it can answer many questions.
- Agricultural Research Service, Buildings and Facilities
- Rural Development, Rural Community Facility Grants
- Rural Utilities Service, ReConnect Grants
Commerce, Justice, Science
- Department of Justice, Byrne Justice Assistance Grants
- Department of Justice, COPS Technology and Equipment
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Operations, Research, and Facilities
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Safety, Security and Mission Services
- Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation Army
- Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation Navy
- Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation Air Force
- Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation Space Force
- Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation Defense-Wide
Energy and Water
- Army Corps of Engineers, Investigations
- Army Corps of Engineers, Construction
- Army Corps of Engineers, Mississippi River and Tributaries
- Army Corps of Engineers, Operation and Maintenance
- Bureau of Reclamation, Water and Related Resources
- Federal Emergency Management Agency, Pre-Disaster Mitigation Grants
- Federal Emergency Management Agency, Nonprofit Security Grants
- Federal Emergency Management Agency, Emergency Operations Center Grants
- Department of the Interior, Land and Water Conservation Fund Land Acquisition
- Environmental Protection Agency, State and Tribal Assistance Grants
- Forest Service, State and Private Forestry
- Small Business Administration, Small Business Initiatives
- Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, Training and Employment Services
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, Program Management
- Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Health Surveillance and Program Support
- Department of Education, Innovation and Improvement
- Department of Education, Higher Education
Military Construction and Veterans Affairs
Military Construction accounts under the Department of Defense:
- Navy and Marine Corps
- Air Force
- Army National Guard
- Air National Guard
- Army Reserve
- Navy Reserve
- Air Force Reserve
Transportation and Housing
- Department of Transportation, Local Transportation Priorities
- Department of Transportation, Airport Improvement Program
- Department of Housing and Urban Development, Economic Development Initiative
COMMUNITY PROJECT FUNDING REQUEST FORM FOR WA-10
Click here to submit a Community Project Funding request for Washington’s 10th Congressional District.
Please provide all information requested in the Community Project Funding Form, incomplete submissions will not be considered.
*By submitting this form, you acknowledge that requests must be merit-based, comply with current House rules, and that you have read the relevant accompanying materials published by the House Appropriations Committee.*